Apartment Unit Complex Funding Options

Expanded Use Loan Assessment

Property owners who are interested in financing their private connections can apply for a loan through the District. This loan is similar to the Assessment District loan but will be for a term of over 30 years at a 1.8% interest rate.

How the Process Will Work

  • Property owners who request financing (e.g. expanded use loan) through the District for their private property connection must use a contractor listed on the Interested Contractors List. Please visit the District’s website for more details;
  • All necessary costs to restore the property to its original condition are paid by the State (e.g. septic abandonment, pipes and cleanouts, and all costs needed to restore the property to its original state). Before and after construction photos are required for State reimbursement if landscaping/hardscaping repairs are being submitted. Additional cosmetic work will not be paid by the State.
  • The Contractors are required to comply and certify that the American Iron and Steel requirements are met.

Non-Profit Organization

A Non-profit organization that does not fall into the definition of commercial property owners may be grant eligible. See the document review process under the Expanded Use Loan Process for Commercial Property Owners.

If the contractor you hired is listed as part of the interested contractor’s list (PDF) from the Hi-Desert Water District (District) website, please follow the steps (prior to the contractors performing any construction work):

Single Family Residential Owners 

Please bring the following required documentation to the District:

  • Copy of at least two bids (detailed material and labor cost) from the interested contractor’s list
  • Evidence of ownership: Copy of deed or one of the following:
    • Property Tax Statement
    • Mortgage Statement
  • Copies of government-issued photo ID/social security card.

You can also send all the documents through our secured email by emailing funding. Then we can schedule you for an appointment to be at the District.

  • Document Review - Loan/Grant Eligibility: Our District staff will review all documents in item number 1. If you qualify for a loan, the District will issue a pre-approval loan letter.
  • Sewer Connection Steps: Please refer to the Sewer Connection Steps. In addition to Step 6 under the Sewer Connection Steps, the District will have you and your contractor complete an additional required form (private property connection inspection checklist) from the State.
  • After Completion please submit a completed copy of the State-approved private property connection inspection checklist (PDF), District inspection form, signed off permit from the Town and the final invoice to the District representative. Please note that these documents are needed to secure a loan/grant from the State Water Resources Control Board. After completion of the work, please come to the District’s office, together with the items in the above paragraph, to complete and sign the Contractual Assessment Agreement form. Please note that the loan is for 30 years at 1.8% interest. If you qualify for the grant, we will let you know about the grant amount once the State approves the payment request.


Only properties owned by non-profits are eligible for grant funding through the Expanded Use Loan at this time.