Financial Assistance is available for those financially impacted by COVID-19 for rental assistance AND has been expanded to include assistance with past due utility bills.
Highlights of the program:
- The San Bernardino County Rent Relief Partnership is open for San Bernardino County renters in eligible areas seeking assistance. *Individuals residing in the cities of San Bernardino and Fontana are not eligible for the County program and should contact their respective city.
- Eligibility is limited to renters in San Bernardino County with a current or written lease or rental agreement, a household income of less than 50% Area Median Income, and a documented loss of income or financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assistance is available to qualified households without regard to immigration status.
- The Program can help pay up to 12 months of past due rent and late fees incurred from March 13, 2020.
- The program is expanding to include assistance with utility arrears. The Utility Arrears Program can help pay up to 12 months of past due utility bills and late fees incurred from March 13, 2020.
- Tenants and/or landlords may apply for rental assistance; participation from both parties will be required. Only tenants can apply for utility assistance.
- For more information, or to apply for assistance, potential applicants can visit www.sbcrentrelief.com, or call 2-1-1 and select option 5.