Warren Valley Basin Watermaster
The Warren Valley Basin Watermaster (Watermaster) was formed by court order to monitor and protect the Warren Valley groundwater basin, which was determined to be in overdraft in the 1970's. The Watermaster shall maintain a Warren Valley Basin-wide water quality protection plan, prepare an Annual Report and implement the Basin Management Plan.
It is composed of five voting directors, who are concurrent Directors of the Hi-Desert Water District, and up to three non-voting Directors who are appointed by the Court. The Court appoints non-voting Directors if recommended to the Court by the following entities: Hawk's Landing Golf Course (one), Joshua Tree Retreat Center (one), and the Minimal Producers (one).
- 4:30 pm
- Twice per year, on the first Tuesday of June and December
- Hi-Desert Water District (HDWD)
55439 29 Palms Highway
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Meetings of the Watermaster will be noticed and conducted in accordance with the Brown Act.
Court Review & Ministerial Actions
Any action, decision, rule or regulation of the Watermaster, which may be adopted and authorized by resolution, shall be subject to review by the Court on the Court's own motion or on timely motion for an Order to Show Cause by any Party. The following actions are ministerial in nature and are not subject to Court review:
- Inspection, testing, installation or repair of flow meters, sounding devices or any other instrument required for monitoring the Warren Valley Basin.
- Activities necessary to inspect, monitor, and test wells owned and operated by any Party or producer of groundwater within the Warren Valley Basin.
- Activities necessary to access any documentation or other records relating to the water quality or monitoring of Warren Valley Basin status.
- Authorizing expenditures up to ten percent (10%) over approved budget.
PLEASE REFER TO THE RULES & REGULATIONS FOR DETAILS REGARDING THE WATERMASTER AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES.