- Sewer Project
- Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP)
Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP)
The State of California requires publicly owned sanitary sewer systems to develop and implement a Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP), including measures to control and mitigate sewer spills. The District maintains and periodically audits and updates its SSMP pursuant to the State requirements.
The SSMP addresses the following elements:
- Legal Authority
- Operation and Maintenance Program
- Design and Performance Provisions
- Overflow Emergency Response Plan
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Control Program
- System Evaluation and Capacity Assurance Plan
- Monitoring, Measurement, and Program Modifications
- SSMP Program Audits
- Communication Program
You may access the City’s current SSMP by clicking on the link below.
Hi-Desert Water District Water Reclamation Facility Sewer System Management Plan
Pursuant to the State Water Board’s General Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs), the District is required to audit its SSMP once every two years to ensure continued compliance with the WDRs and effectiveness in addressing sewer spills. The SSMP was approved at the end of 2019 and the District performed an audit in December of 2021. The link to the audit report is posted below.