Rates & Fees
- Water Rates
- Basic Monthly Fees
- Sewer Fees
- Miscellaneous Customer Charges
- Ad Valorem Tax Assessments
- Construction Fees
- New Service Acquisition Fee
- Other Charges
- Late / Non Payment
RESIDENTIAL WATER RATES - Single Family, Multi Residential, Mobile Homes
Rates are effective starting July 1, 2023.
|Tier 1: 0-4 units||$4.11|
|Tier 2: 5-11 units||$6.95|
|Tier 3: 12 + units||$7.91|
Potable Water Rates (Amount is per hundred Cubic Feet)
OTHER CUSTOMER CLASSES - Commercial, Public, CIMIS, Irrigation and Bulk.
|Tier||Commercial & Public||CIMIS||Irrigation & Bulk|
|Tier 1: 0-4 units||$6.44||$6.49||$6.49|
|Tier 2: 5-11 units||$6.95||$6.95||$6.95|
|Tier 3: 12 + units||$7.91||$6.95||$11.15|
BASIC MONTHLY FEES - all customer classes
|Meter Size||Water Service||Capital Replacement Program (CRP)||Monthly Total|
|1 1/2 inches||$25.90||$58.30||$84.20|
Applies to Single-Family Residence, Commercial and Public Entities. One-inch meters used to meet Fire Code are billed at 5/8 rates.
Sewer Maintenance Fees
Sewer Maintenance Fees begin once a property is connected. The estimated monthly maintenance fees are based on the amount of wastewater that is generated from a property or property type. Once a property is connected and using the system, maintenance fees will be collected.
Residential properties will be charged these maintenance fees through property taxes, while commercial properties will be charged based on monthly use of the system on monthly water bills.
Equivalent Dwelling Unit (EDU) is based on a formula determined by assessment engineers to measure a property's demand on the facilities, and particular benefit it received from those facilities or infrastructure. The formula is as follows:
- Commercial - EDUs Vary
- Mobile Home Per Unit -.60 EDUs
- Multi-Family Per Unit -.75 EDUs
- Single Family Residence - 1 EDU
View the maintenance and operation fee cost study.
- Account Transfer/Set-up: $25
- Credit Card Payment by Phone (If less than $150): $2.95
- Credit Check: $10
- Commercial: 3 months estimated the average bill
- Guarantee Deposit
- Good Credit: $0
- Fair Credit: $150
- Poor Credit: $250
- Meter Removal: $20
- Pulled Meter Reinstallation: $20
- Service Installation Charge (estimate of installation will be provided upon request): Actual Cost
Delinquent Charge: 10% - (% of balance for first 30 days/$10.00 min.)
Disconnection Fee: $40
Reconnection Fee: $20
After-Hours Turn on Fee: $80
- Broken Locks: $20 Plus Lock
- No Show for Appointments: $20
- Non-Sufficient Funds/Returned Item (multiple occurrences will require $250 deposit): $25
- Unauthorized Use Penalty: (3 months of average annual water use)
The District has established three ad valorem assessments associated with the Morongo Basin Pipeline (State Water Project):
- Mojave Water Agency (MWA) Number 1 based on land only and is limited to a maximum rate of $0.1125 per $100 assessed value.
- MWA Number 2 is based on land and improvements with a rate of $0.0050 per $100 assessed value.
- Improvement District "M" is based on land and improvements with a rate of $0.0900 secured and $0.1000 unsecured per $100 assessed value.
- Annexation Fee: $787 per acre
- Bulk Water Meter
- Consumption Bulk Rate:
Irrigation & Bulk $5.94 $6.36 $10.20
- Deposit: Cost of the meter
- Monthly Reading:$20
- Monthly Rental: $40
- Fire Flow Fee: $200
- Static PSI $80.00
- Inspection Fee (Deposit: 2% of costs with a minimum of $500): Actual cost
- Landscape Plan Check: Actual cost
- Deposit: $300
- Preliminary Design and Plan Check: $20 per lot
- Deposit: $700
- Service Installation (estimate of installation available upon request): Actual cost
- Water Main Construction (estimate of installation available upon request): Actual cost
- Will Serve Letter: $40 per lot
- Will Serve Letter Subdivisions
- Deposit (exceeds five lots or parcels): $250
- Major Subdivision: Actual cost
- Minor Subdivision (not to exceed five lots or parcels): $100
For new service and does not include materials and labor costs (call for estimated costs) not including meter cost.
|1 inch meets Fire Code (5/8 meter use)||$5,418|
|1 1/2 inches||$16,254|
The new service installation minimum cost is $600.
- Labor and Materials: Costs of service for any work provided by the District
- Other Services: Other services provided by the District, not listed.
- After-Hours Turn on Fee $80
- Delinquent Charge: $10 or 10% (whichever is greater)
- Disconnection Fee $40
- Reconnection Fee $20